13/09/2011

I have been playing Portal 2

Portal 2

It’s a good puzzle game where every time you solve a puzzle you get a funny quote. Sometimes the funny quotes are from Stephen Merchant. Everybody likes it. It isn’t very hard and you will probably not take very long to finish it. I read on Wikipedia that they were going to get Richard Ayyoade to be in it instead of Stephen Merchant and in my opinion that would have made it better. Perhaps they should have got Matt Berry to do the voice; he would have added “booming qualities”. As a puzzle game it has many successes but I wouldn’t say it was a puzz-tastic as Professor Layton or the Usborne Puzzle Castle book that my brother used to have. It also features many good storytelling elements in the traditional valve style of making cut scenes where you are still controlling the man so that you can’t skip them and instead of seeing what is happening all you do is see a shaking corridor. To be honest this game would probably have been easier if it was in the third person but then you would realise that you are actually playing as a woman and probably throw down the controller in disgust.

Overall I liked this game but due to the short running length I am going to hunt down the man what made it and smash his face in with a bat. It was not worth the £50 they tried to charge for it even though I only paid £22 because I waited until it had come down in price. I’m going to award it an internet meme out of portal. (With points deducted for the blatant flubber rip off and the fact that the last boss looks like the evil robot captain from Wall-E. Try getting your own idea's instead of stealing them from Disney!)

No comments:

Post a Comment