09/06/2011

Today's Work - Tockenheim #10

The Inspector Tockenheim Mysteries –Tockenheim winds it up.
 
Renowned science-monger Thorwald Octavian conducting experiments into the nature of clocks. It seems like he might be on the verge of another cog related break through but things are about to go from “Clockwork Knight” to Block-Turk Fright!
 
Octavian: The power of a cog in my hands!
 
Science assistant Mordo: Octavian you’ve gone too far! The power of these cogs is too much, you’re going to cause a terrible gear reaction.
 
Octavian: Nonsense Mordo. Cog is a form of power and controlling power is what I do best!
 
Mordo: You need to stop this NOW!
 
He goes to grab the cog-ponents and a fight breaks out. Octavian accidentally pushes Mordo into a giant pendulum which causes all the gears to fizz and whirr in an unnatural fashion.
 
Octavian: My machines! My beautiful machines!
 
The cogs begin to emit a cloud of purple smoke which Octavian runs into.
 
Octavian: Nooooooo!
 
Mordo: Don’t be a fool Octavian!
 
There is a bright flash and the smoke clears – however there is no sign of Octavian. The stone science guard statues are activated.
 
Science Guard Altor: Disturbance detected. Please explain human.
 
Mordo: I can’t explain it. Thorwald Octavian has……..disappeared.
 
 
Science Guard Altor: Situation too complex for my limestone brain to compute. I must call for backup.
 
Using his slate powered wi-fi signal Altor sends out an SOS call to Inspector Tockenheim. It’s not long before the great man himself is at the scene using his patented Tock-Gate – space time transportation portal generator. Following behind is the ever useless Constable Cogsworthy.
 
Cogsworthy: Blimey Inspector. It looks a right mess. I thought this was a place of Science not a place of ruckus.
 
Tockenheim: It’s clear that some unusual events have taken place Constable. I already got the facts from the reliable stone guardian. A leading Science-monger has gone missing, maybe even the greatest mind of the age. Thorwold Octavian, creator of the gear powered loom.
 
Cogsworthy: Zounds! If a brain box like that can get himself absconded what hope do the rest of us have?
 
Tockenheim: I’ve always said that you had no hope anyway Cogsworthy. As for the good doctor I believe I have already deduced his location.
 
Mordo: Then please inspector, tell us where he is!?
 
Tockenheim: I thought a man of your science credentials might have already guessed. I’m disappointed with you Mordo. You see Octavian has accidentally been transported to the world inside of his clocks known as the “Cog world”.
 
Mordo: I must protest Tockenheim. Everyone knows that you can’t go inside clocks, you would just get ground up by the gears or get yourself hit on the head with pendulums.
 
Tockenehim: Oh really? Have you never thought about the transfer of minutes inside the clock? They travel through the gears as if down a coggy pathway. What might those minutes look like? Cars? Bikes? People!? The Cog World does exist and what’s more we are going to have to visit the cog world in order to rescue Octavian.
 
Mordo: But how? Octavian got their by accident. It would take years to replicate the experiment…
 
Tockenheim: Maybe so. But by tracking the gear energy with my illuminati pendantI can use my patented Tock-Gate – space time transportation portal generator to send us to the cog-world and even more importantly get us back out!
 
He activates the portal to the cog world and suddenly they find themselves in a strange clockwork landscape surrounded by men in sprocket suits.
 
Gog: More intruders! Quickly capture them!
 
The sprocket men advance on Tockenheim and company However they do not reckon on the power of the illuminati pendant which Tockenheim uses to fire out many Tocken-beams. The beams send anything they hit back to Aztec times and soon all but one of the sprocket men find themselves on top of blocky pyramids.
 
Sprocket Man Zeb: Please spare me, I’ll do anything you want
 
Tockenheim: Tell us where you took Thorwald Octavian and quick about it lest you find yourself in ziggurat times!
 
Zeb: We took him to the great citadel of our master The all powerful Hans!
 
He points to a faraway spire - indicating the location of the citadel
 
Meanwhile in the citadel of Master Hans, Octavian is being shouted at in an uncalled for manner
 
Hans: Tell us how you got into the cog world!
 
Octavian: It was an accident I don’t know….. I swear…….
 
Hans: Lies! That would be like coming through a door and then not remembering the door. 
 
Octavian: Sometimes I don’t remember doors, I’m a busy man.
 
Hans: You expect me to believe that!? If you don’t talk soon I’ll have your head on a cog!
 
Suddenly Tockenheim rides in on a stolen cog-cycle
 
Tockenheim: I don’t think so Hans! Release that man now or feel the fury of Cortez!
 
Hans: Your Tocken Beams don’t frighten me Tockenheim or should I say BIG BROTHER?
 
Cogsworthy: What does he mean by that Inspector?
 
Hans: You mean you never told them? Are you ashamed of me?
 
Tockenheim: I’m ashamed of any man that would inflict such violence of a coggy world! You might have been my brother once but now you are just a gear in the machine of evil.
 
Cogsworthy: Brother!??
 
Hans: That’s right! I am Hans Tickenheim the brother of the great Inspector Tockenheim and also the master of the stonemason pendulum. I bet you never expected to find me here, eh brother?
 
Tockenheim: That’s where you’re wrong Hans! I knew all along you had taken over the cog world as I have the secret ability to talk to clocks.
 
Hans: Then why did you walk into my trap?
 
Tockenheim: Because this isn’t your trap at all…its MY TRAP!
 
Suddenly millions of gear men appear brandishing giant clock hands surrounding Tickenheim.
 
Tockenheim: You’re under arrest Hans – take him away boys.
 
The gear men drag Hans away screaming.
 
Tockenheim: He’ll have plenty of TIME to think about his crimes.
 
All: Hhahahahahah
 
Fin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment